Naturopath MandurahHelping your body to heal itself
ATTAIN offers a range of natural therapies designed to assist your own body to heal itself, naturally
ATTAIN’s qualified Naturopaths in Mandurah, Bernice Barlow and Bev Hobbs, use a number of techniques to assess the patient’s current health status. This is a holistic approach, looking at the physical, muscular, nutritional, mental and emotional aspects of each individual.
The importance of working with the patient in a consultation is that their physical and mental health can be fully monitored as they are empowered to achieve their health solutions through education and better health strategies.
Iridology is the study of the iris, or coloured part of the eye. The iris reveals changing conditions of the body. These are observed through various signs and discolourations in the iris through which nature reveals inherited weaknesses and strengths. Iridology cannot detect a specific disease however it can tell an individual if they have over- or under-activity in specific areas of the body.
Iridology is generally safe, non-invasive and painless. It is not a treatment therapy but rather a diagnostic tool used to detect underlying signs of developing disease. The goal of Iridology is therefore to recognise health problems at their earliest stages and to suggest ways to keep disease from developing.
Bernice, a trained Iridologist, will examine your eye with a photograph of the iris using a specially designed camera, downloaded to a screen. The examination and consultation should generally last an hour.
Read more about Iridology: http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/natural_medicine/Iridology#ixzz45lzcDivx
Discovered in the late 1700’s, homoeopathy is a low-cost, non-toxic system of medicine. The system of homoeopathic healing assists the natural tendency of the body to heal itself. It recognises that all symptoms of ill health are expressions of disharmony within the whole person and that it is the patient who needs treatment not the disease.
There are three principles upon which homoeopathy is formulated:
- Like cures like (Law of Similars): Any substance that can produce the symptoms of an illness in a healthy human being can cure those same symptoms in a sick human being.
- The more dilute the remedy, the greater its potency (Law of the Infinitesimal Dose): Homoeopathic remedies are usually prepared through a process of diluting with pure water or alcohol and succussing (vigorous shaking) such that the more diluted a substance gets, the more potent it becomes.
- An illness is specific to the individual (a holistic medical model): Homoeopaths consult compendiums called repertories to determine the remedy that most closely matches the patient’s symptoms.
Some of the many conditions that can be treated include:
- Menopause symptoms – hot flushes, irritability, depression, low libido
- Heavy metal and chemical toxicity
- Liver and bowel congestion
- Fatigue, exhaustion, anxiety
- Migraine and headaches
- Viral, bacterial and parasite activity
- Candida Albacans and sugar imbalance
- Food intolerances and nutrient deficiencies
- Thyroid hormone imbalance
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Cardiovascular disease
Read more about homoeopathy: http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/natural_medicine/Homoeopathy#ixzz476POdYny
Nutrition is the science that establishes the relationship between a person’s diet and their levels of health. People that specialise in this are called nutritionists. In Australia, there are no rules governing the use of the term ‘Nutritionist’. They may be used by nutrition scientists and nutrition graduates, or people with very limited nutrition qualifications. To make sure you are receiving expert nutrition advice, always enquire about the qualifications of a nutritionist.
The body requires six main things in order to function correctly: carbohydrates, protein, fat, vitamins, minerals, and water. These all need to be consumed on a daily basis. If one of these becomes low or deficient, a negative impact occurs on the body, and illness or a general feeling of being unwell may result.
Nutritional and dietary advice is part of the overall holistic approach used at Attain to manage wellness issues and health maintenance.
Read more about Nutrition: http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/natural_medicine/Nutrition#ixzz45V6SSAQG
Make an appointment to see Bernice or Bev for your Naturopathic consultation
Health Care Rebates are available